The Non-Resident Nepali Association, Finland (NRNA-Finland) was formally registered in Finland in February 2009 aiming with objectives to:
- Contribute the economic, social and cultural development of Nepal by NRNA community living in Finland.
- Play the role of facilitator and organizer of programs that supports and promotes Nepal in Finland.
- Facilitate NRNA and foreign investment in Nepal.
- Strive to create conditions conducive to investment, utilization of talents and skills of the NRNA in Nepal.
- Foster a closer co-operation among Nepalese settled in different parts of Finland.
Here are main activities during past few years:
Statute of NRNA Finland
Registration of NRNA Finland
Fund raise to support flood victims in Nepal
Co-ordination with other Nepali Associations in Finland
Promotion of ‘Nepal Tourism Year 2011’
Charity project in Nepal
Membership of other organizations (KEPA, Moniheli)
Sports activities: Football, Volleyball
Social activities: Picnics, Quiz contest.
Charity Nepal Project 2011-12:
Fund raising activities
Nepali movie show
Charity dinner program
Formation of Collective Investment Committee (CIC)
Interaction with Nepali entrepreneurs
Participation at the ICC regional meeting, NRNA global conference, European regional meeting, Farewell of outgoing Ambassador, Meeting with Nepali youth leaders in Helsinki, Coordination with Ministry of foreign affairs in Finland
Welcome reception for Ambassador and NRNA ICC President
New Year 2070 and graduates felicitation program
NRNA-Finland has been quite successful in raising its profile in the Nepali and Finnish community in Finland within very short span of time through its numerous and successful activities. The association, in the future, will aspire to improve on this successful performance through a wider range of activities. To ensure that this happens, the NRNA-Finland executive committee seeks help from its members.