This Privacy Statement was last updated on May 31, 2023 and applies to citizens and legal permanent residents of the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
In this privacy statement, we explain what we do with the information we receive from you via membership application form. We recommend that you read this statement carefully. In our processing, we comply with the requirements of data protection legislation. It means, among other things, that:
- We clearly state the purpose for which we process personal data. We do this through this privacy statement;
- We aim to limit our collection of personal data only to personal data necessary for membership purpose;
- We first ask for your express consent to the processing of your personal data in cases that require your consent;
- We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we also require this from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- We respect your right to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted at your request.
If you have any questions or would like to know exactly what information we hold about you, please contact us.
1. Purpose Specification
We may collect or receive personal information for a number of purposes related to our business, which may include:
1.1 Contact – By e-mail
Applying for the membership of NRNA Finland Ry, you automatically provided us with consent to be contacted by the association via email.
The purpose of email is to provide you with the latest activities of the association as well as the distribution of minute decisions made by the board of the association.
We collect your name, email address, phone number and other personal documents to verify your eligibility to be a member of the association. After your membership is approved, only name, email address is stored in the secured manner. All the other information and documents are permanently and securely erased after the 30 days of the election of the board.
1.3 Storage Period
Your name and email address is stored for a maximum time of 2 years. If the membership is renewed, the storage will continue for the next two years. If the membership is not continued, the data is deleted permanently and in a secured manner.
2. Distribution to other parties
We share or disclose your name and email address to processors only for the following purposes:
Name: NRNA Election Election Committee. This committee is formed within the members of the association only.
Purpose: To conduct elections for the formation of a new board every two years provided that your membership is valid at the time of election. The communication regarding the election is made through email address.
Name: NRNA ICC Global
Country: USA ( Subject to produce EU GDPR Compliance.)
Purpose: Providing an access to NRNA ICC Global Membership. NRNA ICC Global may contact the members via email to provide an update about the latest activities of NRNA ICC Global.
3. Data Minimization:
We limit the collection of personal data to what is necessary for the membership purpose. We ensure that we only gather relevant and essential information to fulfill our obligations to you as a member.
In cases where your consent is required for the processing of personal data, we obtain your explicit consent before proceeding. Your consent will be sought separately and for specific purposes, ensuring that you have full control over the use of your data.
5. Security Measures:
We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, loss, or misuse. These measures ensure that only authorized individuals have access to your information, that access is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
We also require any third parties processing personal data on our behalf to implement similar safeguards to ensure the security and confidentiality of your information.
6. Access, Correction, and Deletion:
We respect your rights regarding your personal data. You have the right to access, correct, or request the deletion of your personal data at any time. If you wish to exercise these rights or have any questions regarding your data, please contact us.
8. Disclosure Practices
We hand over personal data if we are required by law or a court order, in response to a law enforcement authority, within the limits permitted by other provisions of the law, to provide information or to investigate a matter related to public safety.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit misuse and unauthorised access to personal data. This ensures that only necessary persons have access to your information, that access to the information is protected and that our security measures are reviewed regularly.
10. Third Party Websites
This Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites connected through links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will process your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of those websites before using those websites.
11. Changes to this privacy statement
12. Use and modification of your information
If you have any questions or want to know what personal data we have about you, please contact us. You can contact us using the information below. You have the following rights:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what happens to it and how long it is stored.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your information that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to supplement, correct, delete or block your personal data at any time.
- If you give us your consent to the processing of your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent and request the deletion of your personal data.
- The right to transfer your data: You have the right to request all your personal data from the data controller and transfer them in their entirety to another data controller.
- The right to object: you can object to the processing of your data. We comply with this unless there is a justified reason for the processing.
Always remember to state clearly who you are so we can be sure we don’t edit or delete the wrong person’s information.
12. Submitting a Complaint
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle (complaint) the processing of your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority.
13. Contact information
Non Resident Nepali Association Finland Ry
Ylönevantie 16 D 089
11. Requests for information
We also offer you the opportunity to use our information request form for the most frequently made requests.